Daniel J. Cain - Of Counsel
Daniel J. Cain, a former Marine, earned an undergraduate degree from the
University of Illinois in 1972. He received his Juris Doctor Degree from
Chicago-Kent School of Law in 1975. He is admitted to practice in both
Illinois and Florida, as well as the Federal Bar (including trial practice)
for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois. His employment history
began as an Assistant State's Attorney for Winnebago County (1976-1978),
as an associate working for Patrick Sreenan (1978-1983), and as a partner
in the firm of Sreenan & Cain, PC (1983-2017). Dan now serves in the
role of trusted mentor and advisor in
DeRango & Cain, LLC.
A Reputation for Successful Case Results
Mr. Cain's reputation for hard work and successful representation of
clients is well known. His skill was recognized when he was certified
by the Illinois Supreme Court as
one of the first private attorneys in Illinois to handle capital cases.
Dan Cain has tried jury and non-jury cases in:
- Rockford (Winnebago County)
- Belvidere (Boone County)
- Dixon (Lee County)
- Oregon (Ogle County)
- Freeport (Stephenson County)
- As well as numerous other courts in counties across northern and central Illinois
Dan has successfully represented clients in numerous federal courts, including
the Northern District of Illinois, the Central District of Illinois, and
the Southern District of Wisconsin.
- Illinois, 1975
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1978
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2009
- U. S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2000
- Illinois Capital Litigation Trial Bar, 2002
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago Kent College of Law, Chicago,
Illinois - J.D.
- University of Illinois, Circle Campus, Chicago, Illinois - B.S.